Friday, April 22, 2016

9 reasons why I am teaching Ms. V about money NOW



How many of you wish you had financial class in high school or even mid school? I know I am. My hard waking moment was the night I find myself with a couple of friends and zero dollar in my pocket 10km away from home at 10p.m. I was seventeen at the time. My creative way of finding my way home was, WALKING. And, we walked about two hours and I decided that night, I will ALWAYS have money in my pocket!

Fast forward another seventeen years, I found myself sitting at home but can't afford to chase my dream because I have bills to pay. I was going to a job I didn't love just to make the ends meet. I wish I had learned entrepreneurship when I was young too! Here are top 9 reasons why I am teach Ms. V about money skills NOW...

  1. As a mother, we want to prepare our children for the world at the best of our ability. That's why we choose to spend $90 a month on piano class instead of a dress for ourselves. This is why we hear stories like tiger mom who focuses on her children's academic A LOT. However, I believe emotional intelligent, financial intelligent are equally if not more important than IQ. I want to prepare MS. V by building her money skills while she is young so that money will not be her road block when she want to chase her dream so that she can do what she really enjoy doing.
  2. I am teaching her about money NOW so that she won't wake up on her 21st birthday party having a bad headache. A headache not from drinks the night before but from the student loan that is big enough to buy a house. 
  3. I believe children with money skills are more confident when making decisions with their peers. They are constantly making decisions and sooner or later, they will know that some decisions are better than others.
  4. I teach her money skills NOW so that she knows money is just a tool, no a goal in life. The earlier anyone start to practice at any tool, the better they will get.
  5. Won't be a better idea to teach her NOW by myself than google or someone else telling her how to obtain it when she is curious the most? 
  6. The earlier I teach and help her understand about money and the relation, the earlier she will start her saving. We all know about the compounding affect and how powerful that could be. Why giving ten years or even twenty years away? You can start to do something NOW. 
  7. I want to give her the chance to handle money NOW. It's better to have her go bankrupt for a day or two instead of years in adulthood. 
  8. Money can be an extremely fun way to learn math, histories, presidents and culture in different countries. Everything is globalized nowadays.
  9. Most importantly, teach Ms. V about money NOW so I can relearn myself on daily bases as well. 

You see, there are so many benefits about teaching children about money NOW. Sometimes I feel like we are so focus on taking them to math after class, piano class, and drawing class. Why not start a money class?!  We have been told as a kid to study hard so we can get a better job which pays better ....?!  Why not just go to the root of the problem?! 

Like it? Don't forget to share it!  Let me know what you think below! 



No comments:

Post a Comment